Monday, December 31, 2007

Let's read!


Here is the best thing that happened to me over the Christmas Break. In my home town paper
The New Milford Spectrum) I saw this picture; Two boys holding two different books ( Diary of a Wimpy Kid and The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch ) both designed by me.

For the most part my family really doesn't get what I do so to have this as a piece of evidence of my profession is deeply satisfying even if they still think I drew the pictures. Oh me.

I have begun to collect all my files from the development of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid cover.
I hope to explain the development of the cover design, process and concept that it went through. To explain the process in full from the author's point of view I am enlisting Jeff Kinney to give his take. ( As soon as he finishes book 3) It should be interesting and I am excited to get started on it.

No comments: