Sunday, August 01, 2010

Sophie Blackall Prime Meats Final Art Drop




This morning as I do most weekends mornings I had breakfast at Prime Meats in Carroll Gardens. Only on this particular Sunday morning I was meeting Sophie Blackall. She was waiting paitently for me. Next to her sat a portfolio with her final art for Aldus Huxley's only picture book The Crows of Pearblossom. Both of us were in need of a coffee. Sophie because she pored everything she had in the finishing the final art the night or hours before and I from celebrating a friends birthday. What she was about to show me was beyond my wildest expectations. I can't wait to share more about the making of this book very soon. In the mean time here are some photos from The Crows of Pearblossom the Art Drop.




Also I highly recommend Prime Meats for a tasty breakfast.




Other links Sophie Blackall's interview at Seven Impossible Things

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bacon.

mb

Rebecca Stead said...

wow. I'm jealous in three different directions . . . Breakfast with a terrific artist. The art itself. The breakfast itself . . .

Mai Kemble said...

this is such a tease... I am very excited to see more...
seeing the original art .. you are so lucky!
:)
what a great day.... :)

Fuse #8 said...

Brooklyn, bah. But fabulous artist and great concept? That I'd pay to see!

Chad W. Beckerman said...

Rebecca, if you are ever in Brooklyn a breakfast at Prime Meats is a must. You'll find me there every Saturday morning. Slowly turning into and old man.

We Blog Artists said...

WOW...just came over from Sophie's blog...am a HUGE fan.
This must have been quite the cappuccino!!!
JUST starting out in the illustration World...loving it.
Char.x

Marie said...

Huh - sounds dangerous - did not know about breakfast there. Looks like proper coffee.

But, "Brooklyn, bah?"

Now I must find a child on whom to inflict the gorgeous book.

Dean Grey said...

Sophie is such a super-talent!

-Dean