Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Jessica Hische, Type and The Kissing Game


Just recently Jessica Hische and I finished up designing the cover for Aidan Chambers new short story book THE KISSING GAME. After reading the the lead title story our designer Melissa Arnst made the suggestion to be that this cover should be an all type. I of course was totally on board.
Jessica's name came right to mind. Her love and passion for type was something that I had seen for awhile on here blog and was excited to see what she could do for our cover.

Here is what we came up with. In later posts I'll go over how this cover evolved.


Here is a video of Jessica discussing her love of type and her DROP CAP series.

Art In The Age Presents... Jessica Hische from Art In The Age on Vimeo.

3 comments:

www.juliadenos.com said...

really enjoyed Jessica's words on type and printed matter! cool!

Anonymous said...

I love Jessica Hische's work! can't wait to see the cover

louis said...

Thanks for this post! It was extremely informative and helpful! I just learned everything I need to know today.