Friday, January 22, 2010

The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary

The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary book goes behind the scenes to humorously chronicle the making of the film.

“When I decided to work with Twentieth Century Fox to bring Diary of a Wimpy Kid to life as a live-action movie, I didn’t know what to expect,” said Jeff Kinney. “I was fascinated by the filmmaking process, and I thought my readers might be as wide-eyed and interested as I was. In The Wimpy Kid Move Diary, I’ve tried to tell the story of how a movie gets made in a way that will entertain and inform kids.”

In chapters covering “The Pitch” and “Casting” to “The Table Read” and “Test Screenings,” Kinney combines images from the film with his own iconic cartoons to deliver an informative yet funny companion for fans.

“Jeff has a genuine devotion to his incredible fan base,” said Charles Kochman, Executive Editor at Abrams. “By taking his audience with him behind the scenes, Jeff will help young readers enjoy the experience of seeing their favorite book make the transition to a major motion picture using the same words-and-pictures approach that has made the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books an international success.”


No comments: