Monday, August 20, 2012

FROM THE DESK OF DAN SANTAT: Kel Gilligan Limited Edition










Hi Folks,
So, here I am, once again trying to convince you all to support local independent bookstores, such as, in this case, one of my favorite local independent bookstores, Mrs. Nelson’s Toy and Book Shop in La Verne, CA. My previous experiment with my graphic novel, Sidekicks, went so well I thought it would be nice to do it again!
THE SCOOP:
I believe in supporting the growth of small business and feel that independent bookstores are a valuable part of our publishing ecosystem. Many websites can offer you books at a huge discount (upwards of 30%) and I am hoping to close that gap by offering you other valuable incentives that you can’t find anywhere else online or at major bookstores. If you purchase the book through my site, I will then take that money and use it to support a local business. In exchange, you will not only be owning a special one of a kind item, you will have also helped to keep a store in business in an industry that is slowly trying to transition to an electronic market.
I don’t know for sure if eBooks will be the way of the future, but I know that if small businesses die, then we will all find ourselves surrounded by a city full of empty lots, and I strongly feel that’s bad for a community.     
Thank you.
*For a more verbose explanation go HERE.
THE OFFER:
This exclusive offer is valid until SEPTEMBER 15th! Please share and repost! Thanks!
*FIRST 20 ORDERS GETS A LIMITED EDITION KEL GILLIGAN POSTER (12x20 inches)

DAREDEVIL PACK 1:    $17
  • One copy of Kel Gilligan’s Daredevil Stunt Show signed by Michael Buckley and Dan S.
DAREDEVIL PACK 2:     $40
  • One copy of Kel GIlligan’s Daredevil Stunt Show signed by Michael Buckley and Dan S.
  • Four Limited Edition Vinyl Sticker Set
  • One Limited Edition Kel Gilligan T-Shirt (email dsantat@gmail.com for shirt size)
DAREDEVIL PACK 2:     $65
  • One copy of Kel GIlligan’s Daredevil Stunt Show signed by Michael Buckley and Dan S.
  • Four Limited Edition Vinyl Sticker Set
  • One Limited Edition Kel Gilligan T-Shirt (email dsantat@gmail.com for shirt size)
  • One ORIGINAL 6x4 inch ink drawing of Kel Gilligan by Dan Santat (Each is unique!)

No comments: