Thursday, April 09, 2009

Graphic Novel list

Next week I will be speaking at the SCBWI New England conference in New Hampshire on the art of Graphic Novels particularly focusing on the kids side of the medium. I among others were asked for a list of our favorite 'Graphic novels'. Here is my list

Sunday's with Walt and Skeezix - Frank King
Little Nemo in Slumberland, by Winsor McCay
Blankets - by Craig Thompson
Cheat - Christine Norrie
Spiral Bound - Aaron Renier
All Star Superman - by Grant Morrison, illustrated by Frank Quitely
Exit Wounds - Written by Ruth Modan
Three Shadows - by Cyril Pedrosa
Diary of A Wimpy Kid - Jeff Kinney
Bone - Jeff Smith
Night Fisher - R. Kikuo Johnson
Shortcomings - Adrian Tomine
M - Jon J Muth
The Three Paradoxes - Paul Hornscheneir
The Upturned Stone - Scott Hampton
Watchmen - Alan Moore

I am sure there are more but these are just some that came to mind

1 comment:

Beth Kephart said...

Well I wish I could see and hear you speak. It would be an honor. Good luck with that.